On Saturday, May 15 at 7:00 pm and Sunday, May 16 at 2:00 pm, a posse of awesome Ottawa musicians are joining forces to present two concerts to help Ottawa's beloved Mayfair Theatre pay the rent during these challenging times.
The lineup of participating musicians includes Catriona Sturton, Tony Turner, Karen Oxorn, John Carroll, Danielle Allard, John Allaire, Diane Nalini, Ray Harris, Jack Pine, Arthur McGregor, Christine Graves, Don Bray, Chris MacLean, Pat Moore, Shawn Tavenier and Greg Kelly... plus more performers to be announced! The concerts will be hosted by Chris White and friends.
There are two ways to attend the concerts:
Option A. Attend on Zoom: To purchase a 'pay-what-you-can' ticket to attend the concerts on Zoom, go to Eventbrite at https://savethemayfair.eventbrite.ca. The suggested ticket price is $15, but feel free to pay less – or more – as your situation allows.
Option B. Attend on YouTube: The concerts will be streamed for free to YouTube, where a 'Donate' button will be available. The YouTube link will be posted here soon!
Special features associated with these concerts include:
(1) An online auction featuring one-of-a-kind items. The auction will be launched on Thursday, May 13 at 5:00 pm Eastern at this link: https://www.32auctions.com/savethemayfair
(2) 'Film Clips and Quips' segments with Mayfair programmer Lee Demarbre
(3) Interactive audience games
(4) A demonstration of Syncspace, Adrian Cho's platform that lets musicians rehearse and perform together live from different locations -- in this case, from three different cities! (Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm)
(5) Pre- and post-concert 'meet-and-greet' sessions (for Zoom ticket holders). Opportunities to 'meet-and-greet' the musicians before and after the concert are included with your Zoom ticket. The pre-concert 'meet-and-greet' sessions will begin 20 minutes prior to each concert.
In addition to contributing by attending the concerts and bidding in the silent auction, people are invited to contribute to the 'Save The Mayfair' GoFundMe campaign at https://gofund.me/b13b890a
This event was produced by Folkzone, Greg Kelly and Ottawa Songwriters with the assistance of an amazing group of Mayfair-loving individuals.
The Mayfair theatre's website is www.mayfairtheatre.ca
on Zoom, $15 / on Youtube, by donation